The Yukon’s Northern Vision Development LP (NVD) has announced plans to construct a 100-room Hyatt Place hotel in Whitehorse. NVD is developing the project and will also manage the hotel.
Hyatt Place Whitehorse is expected to open in early 2024 and will be the first Hyatt-branded hotel in Canada’s North. Hyatt Place hotels offer intuitive design, a casual atmosphere and practical amenities, such as free Wi-Fi and 24-hour food offerings, attracting both business and leisure travellers.
With a Main Street location in the heart of downtown Whitehorse, the hotel will be just steps away from shops, offices, restaurants, coffee shops, tourist attractions and the Yukon River waterfront.
Hyatt Place Whitehorse will offer:
- 100 spacious guestrooms with separate spaces to sleep, work and play, as well as a Cozy Corner sofa-sleeper
- Breakfast Bar featuring hot breakfast items, fresh fruit, steel cut oatmeal, Greek yogurt, and more
- The Market serving freshly prepared meals anytime, day or night
- Full-Service Restaurant
- The Bar featuring specialty coffees and premium beers, as well as wines and cocktails
- Necessities program for forgotten items that guests can buy, borrow or enjoy for free
- Free Wi-Fi throughout hotel and guestrooms
- Event Spaces offering flexible, high-tech meeting/function space
- Fitness Centre featuring cardio equipment with LCD touchscreens
Read the full press release here.